lunes, enero 03, 2005

Football Prediction

Man, those Bills played a feisty game on Sunday. Had those Steelers backups not put such a premium on winning, my prediction would have come true. The Jets took the Rams into overtime, then shanked a kick wide right and gave up a mess of yards and a field goal on the following possession. The biggest shame of that overtime was that it knocked the Saints out. I'm not a Saints fan per se, but they are one of the teams I like to see in every once in a while.

Everybody in my family was rewarded this playoff season but me. My folks are happy about the Seahawks getting in, my viking cousins in Minnesota get to cheer on their Vikings (for a game, perhaps), my brother's Broncos made it. And of course most of my friends are Eagles fans. (Speaking of, I was at Hooters for the second half of the early games to get lunch and watch all of the games as they were wrapping up. The Eagles were down at one point 38-3 when they finally scored a touchdown. Wouldn't you know, the entire dining area broke out into an E-A-G-L-E-S chant?!? Wo-hoo, we're now within four touchdowns with a minute to go! We rock!) Ms N and her Ravens and me and my Giants will be watching the playoffs this year.

At least the Giants finally had a good game. They scored more points than their opponents for the first time since playing in the Metrodome nine games ago, and Tiki Barber set an all-time Giants rushing record with a last-minute game-winning touchdown. So here's the season in review: they were expected to go anywhere between 4-12 to 8-8, started strong at 5-2, then lost 8 games in a row for the second season in a row endign at 6-10 and missed the playoffs again. But they swept the Cowboys. I'll take it.

I guess I should post some touchy-feely new year's stuff as well, but that will have to come later. Football first.

1 Comments:

Blogger DivineMsN said...

They lost 8 games in a row????? Oofa!

Damn those Ravens!

1/03/2005 11:03 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home