lunes, diciembre 27, 2004

Emergency Clarification

I did not compare the woo-ee's traditional dish to haggis on a level of taste or appeal, I said it looked unusual. My comparison was purely aesthetic. I told her then and will repeat now that I will have some more any time it's offered. The food - which I really should learn the name of - has an interesting taste to it and, while I am not quite ready for a full serving, I will happily sample. I can see why people like it. The taste is irrelevant to my comment. Visually, it is the Puerto Rican equivalent of that particular Scottish delight. It does not look like something you would want to put in your mouth (unless, of course, you knew what was in it) (which separates it from haggis because you are less inclined to eat that once you know what's in it).

3 Comments:

Blogger DivineMsN said...

There was no need for clarification K. I call the pastele a PR version of a tamale. Though not made from corn or having anything in it that resembles a tamale :) I'll tell my aunt that you enjoyed it, maybe she'll send me more. I'll skip over the haggis comment though :P

12/27/2004 7:50 a. m.  
Blogger Kev said...

Yeah, best to avoid the haggis comment at all costs. At least it's not posted somewhere where anybody in the world can see it or something like that ...

12/27/2004 9:44 a. m.  
Blogger DivineMsN said...

Lucky for you my Titi Jenny has ever been on the internet :)

12/27/2004 12:01 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home