jueves, diciembre 23, 2004

Happy Holidaze

It is so hard to believe it is Christmas week already. The big JC’s birthday falls on a Saturday so we got a floating work holiday. Unfortunately, I used that early to see my parents at Thanksgiving. Because I am new and the choo-choo place doesn’t allow vacation accrual, that was my only day off until after the new year starts. Now ‘tis the season and I can’t take a single day off.

On the plus side, I get a floating holiday to use sometime next year which certainly helps if I am able to take the Puerto Rican vacation I’ve been eyeballing. I love when you don’t have to blow a vacation day on vacation. I similarly believe that if you’re sick you should just go into work. If you are going to be miserable anyways, it might as well be there. And that way you save your sick days for times when you really need it … like when you need some beach therapy or a couple of doses of Jose Cuervo.

But back to Christmas. The woo-ee is stopping by my work for lunch on her way up to Brooklyn, so I am quite excited. She is also making a side trip to Exit 4 on her way back from her Yule-time family visit. That has me even more excited. Of course, lots of things involving her have me excited. My thoughts – as thoughts often do – drift her way quite frequently, (leading more than once to some difficult repositioning while sitting in meetings with my boss) which has made my workday that much more enjoyable (and provided me with at least one reason to be glad I’m not wearing jeans to work). It’s nice to have a Christmas where I have someone I want to be with again.

In the mean time, time is just whizzing by at an unbelievable pace. I guess now that it’s almost Christmas I should probably get rid of those Thanksgiving leftovers.

2 Comments:

Blogger DivineMsN said...

I am most certainly looking forward to seeing you ;)

12/23/2004 7:09 a. m.  
Blogger Eliza said...

Y'all are too cute for words - me and my warm fuzzies are gonna go throw up now. ;P Feliz Navidad and we'll see ya for New Year's.

12/23/2004 11:15 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home