miércoles, diciembre 15, 2004

Something had to give ...

The main components of my life - work, kids, money, romance, and home - seem to always balance each other out. If one area of my life is going great than another will suck and a third will be so-so. If one is going sorta bad, another will be sorta good. Or one may really, really suck while a couple others are more or less OK.

For example, two jobs ago it was pretty much work bad, money bad, home good, kids OK, romance good. Then I found a better employment opportunity which elevated work and money. This would be a positive for normal people and I (silly person that I am) thought things might get better. Shortly after that, though, (work good, money good, home OK and kids OK) my then wife left me for El Cucaracha, a guy who I thought was my best friend (romance very, very bad) The balance tipped to the negative with this, but then the kids and I got closer and brought it back to equilibrium.

Fast forward a bit. Due to restructuring at my place of employment and in my own life I soon found myself in a bad work, home, and romance state but money was good and the kids were good. I got let go at work and went on unemployment (money worse, work better). That’s the thing about unemployment – the hours are great but the pay sucks. I had sworn off the notion of getting romantically involved, which at the time brought romance from bad to neutral.

I am in another new job (work great, money good) and preparing to spend three months working a second (money soon to be better), I have repainted and reorganized my apartment (home good), the kids had some problems but are doing well. And then I met my woo-ee, the hot Puerto Rican chica in Baltimore. Now romance is going great!

So here is my dilemma. Things are going great. Something’s got to give, but what is it? I am frantically trying to figure out what will go wrong to balance things out again.

And then it happened … I got eliminated from the playoffs in my fantasy football league.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Hmmm... hindsight is always 20/20. I seem to recall you not having things quite as good as you remember here. Did you push the "I need to forget my misery" button at some point?

12/15/2004 5:35 p. m.  
Blogger Kev said...

I never said the balance was good, did I? Everything is relative. Compared to the normal suckage level, some things were OK.

12/15/2004 10:32 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home