sábado, diciembre 18, 2004

Bob Had Bitch-Tits

So I find myself awake at 1:33 in the morning, two hours after waking up with the realization that I had fallen asleep while on the phone with the woo-ee. Not that she minded … she seems to like when I do that and hey, I’m all for falling asleep. When you’ve got a girl who likes it when you sleep you keep her.

But shortly afterwards I woke up and have been up ever since. So I’ve turned to DVDs.

Thanks to the Netflix policy of not charging late fees, I have not effectively bought the pile of DVDs that I have had sitting next to my TV for the past four weeks. One, Futurama, Disc 3, I watched right when I got it. The two Muppets episodes have had a lot of play while they’ve been here. But the Band of Brothers DVD has been sitting unwatched since I got it. Odd, because that is what I have been meaning to watch. Great series.

So now it’s watched. And the DVDs are packaged up and ready to go back to Netflix, whereupon I’ll get more! Wo-hoo! I have no idea what is due next, but I have almost 200 movies in my queue.

Some alert readers will note that the title of this post is not from any of the aforementioned movies. If you can’t get to sleep you might as well watch a good insomnia movie, so I am watching Fight Club. I love this movie. Every time I watch it, I pick up something new. And now that I have the DVD, I get to pick up some of the more subtle stuff that I never would have picked up.

In the mean time, I love some of the lines:

Jack: “He was full of pep. Must have had his grande latte enema.”

Tyler Durden: “You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.”

Tyler Durden: “It’s only after you’ve lost everything that you are free to do anything.”

Jack: “I felt like putting a bullet through the eyes of every panda that wouldn’t screw to save its species.”

Tyler Durden: “You just had a near-life experience.”

Marla Singer: “You take tuberculosis. My smoking doesn’t go over at all.”

Jack: “If I did have a tumor, I’d name it Marla.”

Jack: “You met me at a very strange time in my life.”

Jack: “Except for their humping, Tyler and Marla were never in the same room. My parents pulled this exact same act for years.”

Marla Singer: “A condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You ‘dance’ all night, then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.”

Jack: “Marla … the little scratch on the roof of your mouth that would only heal if you could stop tonguing it, but you can’t.”

Tyler Durden: “Self-improvement is masturbation. Now self-destruction …”

Marla Singer: “You’re Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Jackass!”

And the all time best line of the entire movie:

Marla Singer: “I haven’t been fucked like that since grade school!”

3 Comments:

Blogger DivineMsN said...

I have a feeling you are going to ask me to sit down and watch this. If that is the case get ready for a marathon of Gone With The Wind! Or maybe you will actually stay awake for Hedwig :) HAHA!

12/18/2004 9:52 a. m.  
Blogger Kev said...

Ask is one word, make is another.

12/18/2004 9:56 a. m.  
Blogger Jeff said...

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin... how do you forget the best quote in the whole movie?

Tyler Durden: "Shoving feathers up your ass does NOT make you a chicken!"

12/19/2004 1:16 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home