lunes, abril 17, 2006

I like the smell of the wine ...

My daughter's First Communion is coming up in a few weeks, in the mean time, she has been coming up to the altar for a blessing while I receive my Communion. Given that her big day is nearing, she has become much more attentive to the whole process. "I feel too tall to not be getting the bread," she whispered to me as we were kneeling at the railing.

Yesterday was Easter Sunday, so the entire front of the church was decked out in lillies and other adornments. I also think they used a better vintage blood-of-Christ for the occasion. Anyways, it was a different atmosphere than the normal Communion Sunday.

"I like the smell of the wine," Emily whispered to me after I had taken my swig. She's been debating whether to take the wine or the grape juice when her turn comes up, so I figured she had finally made her choice. What I didn't realize is what she actually had on her mind.

"It smells just like Grandma!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Brought back memories... Not of smelling like grandma, but of the three-hour latin mass...

Would you believe I was an altar boy?

4/18/2006 6:49 a. m.  
Blogger Kev said...

Perhaps I should clarify that my mother is the only person my daughter comes into close contact with that ever drinks wine. No, my mom does not drink so much that it seeps out her pores. The only time Emily has ever encountered the smell of wine has been when she sits next to my mom at dinner, thus the association.

4/18/2006 8:06 a. m.  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Ok, I get it now...

4/19/2006 6:39 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home