jueves, enero 05, 2006

I just assumed it was Number 2

I work for a tax preparation company. Every paid preparer of tax returns are required by law to put his/her name and identification number on the return he/she is being paid to prepare. You can either get a PTIN (Preparer’s Taxpayer Identification Number) or you put your social security number directly onto the return (not always a happy option when preparing returns for people you don’t know personally, which happens frequently when you work for a tax preparation company).

Last month, while updating my personnel file, my manager asked me if I had a pooh number. I looked at him like he had two heads. A pooh number? What the hell is a pooh number? My kid has a pooh number – it’s 2 and it means he’ll be in the bathroom longer than just a minute. The manager then restated it as PTIN and we went from there.

I forgot about the pooh number until I got my PTIN from the IRS this week. The first three digits are P – zero - zero.

Ah … POO. That explains it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Anything that connects the IRS with shit is a good thing...

1/07/2006 4:54 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home