martes, julio 04, 2006

Back to Work? Good, I Need the Rest

Today was the one day of the Don-abee’s trip that I couldn’t take off from work. It’s the first business day of the month and I am an accountant, after all. Month-end close is only superceded in importance by year-end close. Presence is mandatory. At month-end, vacations and personal days are off the table, at year-end you wheel in the iron lung if that’s what it takes. Then again, with all the walking we’ve done lately, it was nice to have a day off my feet.

The Don-abee took the day to explore Philly. He rode in with me, and then headed off with one final request … “Show me where Pat’s Steaks is on the map one last time.”

Afterwards we walked (what else?) down to Chinatown for dinner, then headed back to University City to go see Superman Returns. As far as Superman shows go, this one was pretty good. I mean, Lois sucked, but Kevin Spacey is a great Lex Luthor. So, there were some areas where they took the suspension of disbelief a bit far, but hey, it’s Hollywood.

There was one change that pissed me off, however. Remember how Superman stands for truth, justice, and the American way? Not anymore! The American way was yadda-yadda’d out. Truth, justice, and all that stuff? You nutless pinko bastards in Hollywood, what the hell is wrong with you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Hollywierd and the Left Coast strikes again!

7/16/2006 1:22 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home