lunes, junio 12, 2006

Summer Vacation

My kids just left this morning for their summer vacation - two months with Grandma and Grandpa in Alaska!

I love having my kids around and I am going to miss them dearly ... but man is it nice to have some time like this. They love their time with my folks, they have their own little circle of friends in my parents' neighborhood, and my mom always makes sure they have fun and productive things to do, so I do not have to worry that they're lacking for love, inspiration, or amusement. Summertime boredom, it's not. And unlike their visits to their "as little as I have to keep them to still claim to be an active mother" mom's house, I don't have to worry about what's being said that I don't hear. Meanwhile, I get a chance to recharge. It's win-win.

So while they are having play parties, taking Tae Kwon Do, riding their bikes all day long, and just plain enjoying their youth, I will be catching up on work, fixing things up around the house, fixing things up in my personal life, visiting friends, spending more time with Ms N, and, of course, napping. I may even post more.

Ah, this is nice.

For now.

I give myself until Monday before I'm looking at their empty rooms, unplayed-with toys, and still-made beds, then find myself counting the days until they return.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kev said...

I'm all about the throat clearing activities, you know ...

6/15/2006 4:14 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home