miércoles, octubre 12, 2005

Going Postal

On the same day that Ms N had her postal story, I was treated to one of my own. I went to the post office in my building to get a postage-paid envelope. I asked the lady at the counter how much it would cost to mail 7 sheets of paper. She wasn't sure. I asked her if she could take seven sheets of paper off her desk and put them on the scale with the envelope. "But you're going to fold them," she says.

Oh yeah, I forgot to factor in the weight of the folds!

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

"We're from the Government, and we're here to help!"

10/12/2005 9:16 p. m.  
Blogger DivineMsN said...

That is what happens when they "test" their employees prior to hiring them. Most don't have basic math skills or just plain old common sense. And then they get all testy when you try to explain stuff to them. Don't piss them off or you'll start losing mail. :)

10/13/2005 8:11 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home