sábado, mayo 14, 2005

They like each other! Wo-hoo!

After many months of a great one-on-one relationship with Ms N, this weekend I took a very big step -- I introduced her and the kids for the very first time.

It was a big moment of truth as a lot rides on how well they get along. The kids live with me six days a week; any long-term relationship decision I make has to involve them. I've kept them unaware of Ms N up until now and that has been tremendously difficult. They are such a big part of my life as is she. I have to do the right thing for them and Lord knows they don't need any more drama than they already get (my babies' mama isn't exactly the epitome of stability). Bringing them into a relationship without knowing in my heart that the relationship was solid would be a recipe for disaster. I know inside that it was right to maintain the separation, but it was so damned tough at times.

Thankfully, the pieces have been falling into place. Ms N and I have been growing closer and closer. My friends and family (especially those who have regretted staying silent when things got started with my babies' mama) are in agreement that Ms N is a keeper. (Apparently, Ms N's friends and family think I'm a keeper, too. I'd throw me back, but at this point I'm not about to argue with them.) I look into my future and I see Ms N there with me and it makes me very, very happy.

So today we took this big step. I know we were all a little anxious leading up to the meeting (especially since Ms N and I picked them up from the X's place (remarkably, she behaved (all the more surprising because earlier Alex, showing his wonderful grasp of tact, blurted out that he was going to "meet his new mommy"))), but the tension seemed to disappear quickly. They warmed up to her right away and it was a wonderful lunch. After we dropped Ms N off at the train station, they kids gave me permission to continue dating her. Wo-hoo!

Thank you, Ms N, for bearing with the difficulties that come with dating a dad. Thank you for being so wonderful. It's great to be in love, but its even better to be in love with you.

2 Comments:

Blogger DivineMsN said...

Thank you for deciding to share your life with me :)

5/15/2005 11:11 a. m.  
Blogger Kev said...

You are most welcome

5/15/2005 7:11 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home